Design Thinking is a tool, which offers creative, fun and structuralized way to look at creating strategies, products and services. This method is orientated towards forming an optimistic view and allows to understand that every team member can accomplish different tasks and be the change in the creative process.
Benefits of the method:
- Helps to find out needs of clients by doing many interactive analyses and after that generate ideas, create prototypes and test solutions for likely problems;
- Frees you from old norms of thinking and problem solving and allows you to express yourself in a creative way while focusing on end consumer needs;
- Encourages collaborations and involvement of teammates.
Key method feature – the freedom to experiment.
Design thinking process steps:
- Getting ready – forming a team, sharing the responsibilities, understanding the challenge;
- Empathy – information gathering and finding out consumer needs. While analysing one considers the insights of consumers and experts;
- Define – systemizing information, interpreting, understanding client’s insights and summarising the problem;
- Ideation – generating possible solutions for the problem;
- Prototype – giving your ideas a form and testing them.;
- Testing – giving your prototype to the judgment of the market, collecting feedback and finding out possibilities for improvement.